Cap Nut Fasteners
Special Metal Stamping Cap Nut Fasteners have been successfully used in a variety of OEM applications including retaining electrical wires within panels and stereo cabinetry, building and ship insulation, automotive emblems, light wheeled toys, electrical control panel covers and name plates, appliances, garden tools, etc.
Within the styled aluminum cap is a tempered spring steel or optional stainless steel insert which grips the shaft or stud. Six point contact (available for most stud diameters) on the shaft circumference assures wide diameter of the cap acts as a spanner washer distributing the holding power of the fastener over a wide area around the stud. This creates maximum holding power and resistance to loosening by vibration.
The wide diameter of the cap acts as a spanner washer distributing the holding power of the fastener over a wide area around the stud. The single O.D. design allows the fastest possible assembly with minimum part handling and stock inventory. Threading and drilling operations, cotter pins and washers are eliminated.
Special Metal Stamping Aluminum Push-On Cap Nut Fasteners are available in three attractive cap designs for stud sizes ranging from .080" to .500".
Cap nut fasteners should be positioned squarely over the stud and pressed into the locked position by hand or with the light tap of a mallet.
Why Special Metal Stamping?
• Highly skilled team has the expertise to meet your stamping needs with the highest quality standards
• 100% accurate and reliable metal stamping operations
• Over 80+ years of expertise in metal forming business
• Special Metal Stamping is a ISO 9001 Certified company
• Special Metal Stamping dedicated to designing and manufacturing in the USA
• All our materials are traceable, with full certifications