Cold Rolled Steel
Cold Rolled Steel is a type of steel that has been rolled or pressed into a thin-gauge sheet. The cold rolling process increases the strength of the material through strain hardening. It can boost the strength of steel by as much as 20 percent or more, depending on the specifics of the process and the quality of the material.
Special Metal Stamping offers high quality cold rolled steel stampings to our customers. These customers come to us from a wide range of industries including electronics, automotive, agriculture, and construction.
Characteristics of Cold Rolled Steel
• Lighter than standard steel but offers the same strength and stiffness
• Corrosion resistant
• Provides excellent durability
• Ideal for parts and components used in building construction, automobile manufacturing, appliances, and more
• Less ductile than hot rolled steel, but easily workable via deep drawn stamping, making it easy to produce complex shapes with high precision
• A variety of surface treatments can be applied, including painting, plating, and specialty coatings
Why Special Metal Stamping?
• We offer a wide range of services
• Our highly skilled expert team can meet your stamping needs
• Also, we design our products to meet high standards
• Our operations are accurate and reliable
• We have over 80 years of metal stamping expertise
• Plus, we are an ISO 9001 Certified company
• In addition, all our products are designed and made in the U.S.A.
• We use traceable and certified materials